- About Us
- EUSD Board of Education
- District Plans
- District Reports And Postings
- 7-11 Committee
EUSD Board of Education
A Message From the Board
The mission of Evergreen Union School District is to provide the foundation and encouragement for all students to achieve their social, physical, and academic potential in a safe, nurturing, and positive environment. The District will prepare all students to reach proficiency with state standards as measured by the state-wide Smarter Balanced Assessment and other local assessments. Students not reaching proficiency will be supported through programs and resources such as After School Intervention, Learning Center, Student Success Team meetings, and Special Education. It is our belief that “All Children Can Learn.”
Through motivated educators, using both conventional and creative learning techniques, and parent and community involvement, we can instill in our children the importance of education and guide them as they transition into successful, productive, and confident adults by providing:
- A positive learning environment where every child possesses a high self esteem, self-worth, and self motivation.
- A caring, learning atmosphere where teachers, staff, parents, and neighbors unite to provide each child with the necessary “tools” needed to achieve both personal and academic goals.
- A safe surrounding where our children express diversity, compassion, individuality, and a true desire to learn that together “We Can Make a Difference.”
BOARD OF TRUSTEES (1/1/2023)
Lester Grade, Board President
Jim Tomasini, Board Clerk
Brad Constant, Board Member
Michael Mitchell, Board Member
Christine Flood, Board Member
Brad Mendenhall – District Superintendent/Board Secretary
When We Meet
When We Meet
- There are two Board Meetings per month, on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. The 4th Tuesday is an optional meeting and scheduled as needed. See Meeting Calendar found here.
- All meetings begin at 5:00pm and are held at Evergreen Middle School (19500 Learning Way, Cottonwood), Room #72, with the exception of the April Board Meeting that is held at Bend Elementary School (22270 Bend Ferry Road, Red Bluff), Room #7; all classrooms are wheelchair accessible. Our meetings are set up to the public both in-person as well as for virtual viewing. During school closures, Board Meetings are held virtually and are open to the public via Google Meet.